- CONGRATULATIONS to Dearing Compressor & Pump Co. They merged with the Pittsburgh-based Kruman Equipment Co. Best of luck to YMCA members, Dearing Compressor’s Vice President Becky Wall and CEO/President Rick Dearing on your acquisition!
- Gary B.
- Central YMCA member Attorney Alan Kretzer
- YMCA Board of Trustees member Melinda Davies’ mom.
- YMCA CEO Thomas Gacse’s son, Tommy Gacse.
- Program Secretary at Central, Jan Grasso’s son, Michael Grasso
- YMCA Board of Trustee Emeritus Member Attorney Thomas Lodge
- Central YMCA Member Leo Jay
- Monica Tchoryk
- YMCA member “Phil“
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Warren Harrell
- Central YMCA member Iva (“Mickey”) Harrell
- Central YMCA member Ron Price
- Central YMCA HFD member Irving Caraway
- Long-time Central YMCA member Helen Povtak
- YMCA Board of Trustee Emeritus Member William Brennan
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee’s Frank Yeager
- Albert ‘Al’ C. Emerick will be sadly missed by his son, Central YMCA HFD masseuse Matthew A. Emerick; Al leaves his loving wife, Diane L. (Stoneburner) Emerick; two other children, Edward A. (Polly) Emerick and Pamela J. (Kenneth) Duclos; two sisters, JoAnn (Barry) Claycomb and Debbie Miller; two brothers, George (Marilyn) Emerick and Michael (Nancy) Emerick; several nieces and nephews; and good friend of the family, Patty Metzler. Our deepest sympathy to Matt and his family.
- YMCA member, Clarence “Sparky” Waldo Ashby, Sr. is mourning the loss of his son, Clarence ‘Sparky’ Waldo Ashby, Jr. Clarence will be sadly missed by his daughter, Monica Ashby; grandchildren Kaitlyn and Alewxander Lowry; sisters Debbie Carrocce and Diana (Al) Thompson; as well as aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, and many close friends. Our sincerest sympathy to Clarence Sr. and his family.
- Central YMCA staff Larry-Ray Stankorb is mourning the loss of his brother, Lennard L. Burke. Lennard was a proud member of the Central Y. He will always be remembered lovingly by his wife and best friend, Marta Anne (Poluse); his mother, Cherill Stankorb; three children, Lennard Burke, Jr., Austin Burke (Katelyn Mitcheltree), and Gabriella Burke; grandson Mason Burke; another brother, Anthony (Jason) Slocum; sister Nadine (Matt) Stankorb; two nieces, Jessica (Jimmy) Chabot and Allison (Justin) Filek; great-niece Jewlionna Filek; in-laws, Kevin J. and Janet Johnson; and his dog, “Tank.” Our deepest sympathy to Larry and Lennard’s family.
- Linda Ann Facchini Maiorana will be greatly missed by her son and sister, YMCA members, Salvatore (Jessica) Maiorana and Marisa Facchini (Jonathan Buonamici); her husband, Nicholas; daughter Maria Maiorana and fiance Dean Moore; two other sisters, Adeline (James) Fusco and Debbie (Joseph) Zappia; parents-in-law Gaetano and Maria Maiorana; sisters-in-law Carmel (Anthony) Vivacqua and Kathy Maiorana (Duane) Brewer; many relatives including cousins, nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews, aunts and uncles; and many very dear friends including YMCA staff Valerie Congemi and Janice Grasso. Our sincerest sympathy to Linda’s family and friends.
- Central YMCA staff Maureen Horvath is mourning the loss of her sister, Barbara A. Nelson. Barbara will be sadly missed by her children, Bobby Nelson, Beth Nelson and Meg Dawson; son-in-law Geoff Dawson; two other sisters, Peggy Saadi and Susan Hayek; four grandchildren; and 30 nieces and nephews. Our deepest sympathy to Maureen and her family.
- Long-time Central YMCA member, Michael Jonathan Bartell, will be greatly missed by all who knew him especially his YMCA friends and brother-in-law, Bart Felger. Michael is survived by the love of his life, his wife Taffy “Pogo” (Bair) Bartell; his mother, Sofia Froom; his identical twin brother, William (Mary) Bartell, Jr.; his sister Cindy (B0b) Hazel; another brother Marty Bartell; two nephews who where like his own sons, Christopher and Brian Bartell; three nieces who were like daughters to him, Whitney Corey, Talley Miller “Twink,” and Baylee Felger; and numerous other nieces and nephews. Our sincerest sympathy to Michael’s family.
- Gail M. Murphy will be sadly missed by her daughter, Central YMCA member, Paige (Jamey) Solmen and grandchildren Jordan and Jay; and another daughter Lana Murphy. Our deepest sympathy to Paige and her family.
- Central Y member Randall A. (Nancie) Bokesch is mourning the loss of his mother, Marie M. Bokesch. Marie will be sadly missed by her other children Raymond M. (Kathy) Bokesch and Dr. Paula M. Bokesch; three grandchildren: Patrick Bokesch, Jason Turkle, and David Kagle; give great-grandchildren; a brother, Martin Pfingsgraff; 11 nieces and nephews; and her best friend, Amy, the cat. Our sincerest sympathy to Randy and his family.
- Central Y member Robert (Star Lee) McGaha is mourning the loss of his daughter, L’Ruthilyn Star-Shenique McGaha, affectionately known as “LeeLee.” LeeLee leaves to cherish her memory, a daughter, Somara L.S. McGaha; a son, K’Nard R.G. McGaha; a brother, Robert S.E. McGaha (Margaret Beniston); her best friend, Melissa Millhouse; her nephew, Samuel McGaha; grandparents, Mary McGaha and William McGaha; and many aunts including Cheryl Williams who helped care for her, uncles, cousins, and friends. Our deepest sympathy to LeeLee’s family and friends.
- Long-time Central Y member Samuel C. Pulliam, Jr. will be sadly missed by all the staff and his friends at Central. Sam leaves his wife, Flora J. (Johnson) Pulliam; his children Lisha (Louis) Littlejohn and Stacey Pulliam; a brother, Jeffrey H. Pulliam and niece, Wendy Pulliam; two grandchildren, Brittany and Briyanna; and seven great-grandchildren. Our sincerest sympathy to Sam’s family.
- Central Y members and staff are mourning the loss of their very dear long-time friend and Y member, Richard “Dick” C. Organ. Dick leaves to cherish his memory, his wife, Jane (“Francosky”) Organ; two daughters, Joan Ellen “Punky” Organ and Mary Patricia “Patti” (Greg) Dunn; a son, Richard Cooper “Rick” (Jamie) Organ; a brother, Philip Organ; seven grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and Jane’s children, Eric Fisher, Bill Fisher, Matt Fisher and Michele Miller and their families. Our deepest sympathy to Jane and her family. Dick will always hold a special place in all of our hearts.
- Long-time Central YMCA member Phillip G. Passas will be sadly missed by his wife, Sylvia (Lyras) Passas; his son, George (Jessica) Passas and granddaughter (Josephina); daughter, Renee (Derek) Knepper and granddaughters, Sevasti and Savina; brothers Michael (Popi) Passas and Gus (Arlene) Passas; sister, Sofia (Daniel) Marian; brother-in-law, Dr. Louis (Kathy) Lyras; and all of his nieces and nephews. Our sincerest sympathy to Phillip’s wife and entire family.
- Long-time Central YMCA member Daniel J. Rovnak will be sadly missed by all his Y friends, but mostly by his family who were so important to him, especially his great-nieces and great-nephews, who brought so much happiness to his life. Daniel is survived by his mother, Patricia Gillam; three brothers, Steve (Janet) Rovnak, Patrick (Angela) Rovnak, and Jimmy (Maria) Rovnak (Y members); a sister-in-law, Cathy Rovnak; ten nieces and nephews and ten great-nieces and great-nephews. Our deepest sympathy to Jimmy and his entire family.
- Anthony “Tony” Altomare will be greatly missed by all his friends at the YMCA of Youngstown, especially the LIVESTRONG program participants. Tony leaves his beloved wife, Cecelia Sarrazin (who works at the Davis Family Y); his children, Monica (Bruce) Stryffeler, Beth (Mark) Scheller (the Y’s COO); Arin (Teresa) Altomare, Paul (Chrissy) Altomare; and his grandchildren: Arielle, Owen Stryffeler, Jacob, Jordan, Jayden Scheller, and Paige Altomore to cherish his memory and carry on his legacy; his sisters, Judy Rubino, Joanne Booksing, Valerie Aitken, and Pam Barkley; his father and mother-in-law, Leon and Jean Sarrazin; his brothers-in-law, Tom (Terry) Sarrazin, Ken (Pam) Sarrazin, and Joe (Andrea) Sarrazin; any many nieces and nephews. Our sincerest sympathy to Celie, Beth and their entire family. Tony will always be in all of our hearts.
- Irene D. “Inkie” Hornyak will be sadly missed by her son, YMCA member Richard Hornyak (Paula Phelps). Irene, affectionately known as “Bubby” to her grandchildren, also leaves to cherish her precious memory her two daughters, Christine Hornyak (Hobie Butcher) and Carolyn Kirchner; five grandchildren: Nicholas Bryan, Christopher Bryan, Erin (Adam) Coppock, and Tristan and Trenton Kirchner; two sisters, Margaret Franklin and Kathy (Donald) Coppola; and many nieces and nephews. Our deepest sympathy to Rick and his family.
- Central YMCA member, Peter Woodlock, is mourning the loss of his sister, Sandra Woodlock. Sandra will be sadly missed by her daughter, Jessica Woodlock, and son, Abraham Holbrook; her grandchildren Ryan, Sophia, and Lillian; sisters Stephanie Woodlock, Roberta Sposato, Andrea Woodlock, and Mary Woodlock; another brother John Charles Woodlock; nieces Emily, Elizabeth, Darcy, Carey, and Haylie; and nephews Mark, Eric, William, and Luke. Our sincerest sympathy to Pete and his family.
- Davis Family YMCA members, Raymond (Deborah Pearson) Lanzo, are mourning the loss of their son, Ryan John Lanzo. Ryan leaves to cherish his memory his parents; his brother, Ross; grandma Jane Lanzo; nana Betty Pearson; aunt Sharon “Chacha” (Dr. Joseph) Francisco and their daughters, Isabella, Gia and Amelia; aunt Jacki Pearson Bender and her sons, Austin and Stone; uncle Lou (Janice) Lanzo and their children, Alyssa and Jarod; aunt Josie Minnie and her daughters, Jena and Cara; uncle Donny (Mary) Lanzo and their children, Carmen and Lauren; aunt Bertie (John) Verbanac and their children, Johnny and Kiley; uncle Bobby (Carolyn) Lanzo and their children, Kiersten, Kayla and Justin. Our most deepest sympathy to the Lanzo family.
- Davis Family YMCA member, Jeffrey (Lorraine) Bees, is mourning the loss his sister Elizabeth Ann (‘Betty Ann’) Bees. Betty Ann leaves behind two other brothers, Thomas (Barbara) Bees and Timothy Bees. She was actively involved in the lives of her nieces and nephews and their families, Melissa Fabits, Thomas “Josh” Bees, Jr. (deceased), Ryan Bees, Matthew Bees, Christina Gorney, Kate Solvesky, Bradley Bees, Eoghan Bees and Hugh Bees; ten great-nieces and great-nephews, and one on the way; and her good friend, Bill Lavigna. Our sincerest sympathy to the Bees family.
- Central YMCA Membership Director, Kyle (Jessica) Hillman, is mourning the loss of his father-in-law, Gerald A. ‘Gerry’ DeFabio. Gerry leaves to cherish his memories, his beloved wife, the former Monica Vasko; his children, Joseph (Sarah) DeFabio and Jessica (Kyle) Hillman; his grandchildren: Joseph, Hayden, and Felix DeFabio and Camryn, Riece, and Rowen Hillman; his siblings, Joseph R. DeFabio and MaryJane (Tim) Isenberg; as well as many nieces and nephews, and brothers-in-laws and sisters-in-law. Our sincerest sympathy to Kyle and his family.
- Anthony ‘Babe’ Esarco will be sadly missed by Central Y members: son, Terrence Esarco, and nephew, Dr. John Esarco and his family. Anthony also leaves sons, Timothy Esaro and Gerald (Beth) Esarco; four daughters, Ann “Toni-Jean” Esarco, Britheen Smith, Patricia (John) Wardle, and Elizabeth Vanover; two sisters; 12 grandchildren; and great-grandchildren. Our deepest sympathy to Anthony’s entire family.
- YMCA HFD Members that helped/donated to make the HFD exercise room a better place–we THANK YOU: Marty Altman, Bruce Beard, Don Begezda, Chester Bolendar, Joe Cassese, Johnny Cassiano, J.P. Daliman, Greg Deniro, Ted Dudzik, Dix Fisher, Gene Gage, Dan Garver, Jody Guarnieri, Mark Heschmeyer, Leo Jay, Chris Knight, Alan Kretzer, Andy Kuchmaner, Thom Lodge, Stan Markovitz, Tim Marucci, Nick Mathews, Chuck McCray, Jim Mocker, Joe Mozzy, Tom Mumaw, Larry Olson, Tom Onesti, Ted Roberts, Jeff Saluga, Dave Sefcik, Thom Skovira, Danny Thomas, Johnny Vitullo, and Bud Walker.
Have member news to share?
Patty Tchoryk at [email protected]