- Congratulations to our 2017 YMCA Staff Graduates–Best of Luck to You All:Name School Will be Attending/DegreeAlena Argiro Poland Seminary H.S. U.S. NavyPaisley Curtis Kent State Univ. Bachelors/Early Childhood EducationApril Emanuel Kent State Univ. Bachelor of ScienceJeffrey Grope YSU Bachelor of Science in Applied Science in Exercise ScienceKatie Martin YSU Bachelors of Science and NursingJillian Maynard South Range H.S. YSU/NursingAlyssa Morucci Poland Seminary H.S. Bethel School of Supernatural MinistryJay Musial YSU Doctorate of Physical TherapyIlene Nasseir YSU Bachelor of Science in BiologyAlex Peck Columbiana H.S. YSU/Business ManagementAlan Pflug Fitch High SchoolHannah Saker YSU BA in Communication Studies/PsychologyJacob Scheller Crestview H.S. YSU
Makayla Sinkovich Struthers H.S. University of Toledo: Social Work/Criminal Justice & Psychology
Cayla Slagle Canfield H.S. Xavier of Louisiana: Biology/Pre-Med
Alivia Smith Canfield H.S. YSU/Pediatric Nurse
Anastasia Soto Columbiana H.S. University of Akron/Biology/Pre-Dentistry
Ilmir Stefanides Canfield H.S. Kent State University
Jack Swavel Boardman H.S. Toledo/Spanish
Ben Targove Canfield H.S. Akron Nursing
Gina Tropea Boardman H.S. YSU/Art
Ciel Vidale High School
Anthony Zeno Mooney High School Bowling Green/Biology
- CONGRATULATIONS to to all of our employees and our YMCA members who ran the whole or half marathon or the 5k on June 4, 2017! We are so proud of all of you!!
- Monica Tchoryk
- YMCA member “Phil”
- Central YMCA member Socrates Kolitsos
- Board of Trustee member Craig Sheetz
- Tom Lamb’s Family
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Warren Harrell
- Central YMCA member Tom “Noodle” Lawrence
- Central YMCA member Iva (“Mickey”) Harrell
- Central YMCA member Ron Price
- Central YMCA HFD member Irving Caraway
- Long-time Central YMCA member Helen Povtak
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Emeritus William Brennan
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee’s Frank Yeager
- Central YMCA is mourning the loss of former employee, Frank P. ‘Cheech’ Gamberale. Frank will always be remembered lovingly by his two children, Margherita (John) Kavulla and Frank (Mary) Gamberale; twin granddaughters, Carina and Gianna; and sister-in-law Doria Furano; and many loving nieces and nephews, both here and in Italy. Our deepest sympathy to Frank’s family.
- Central YMCA member, John F. ‘Jack’ Franken, will be sadly missed by his loving wife of 71 years, Carol (Sloan) Franken; his sisters, Virginia (Charles) Koch and Sally (James) Sloan, and his brother, Don (Nancy) Franken. Also surviving Jack are his four children, John Jr. (Darline), Timothy and Kelly (Tom) Benson, and Kitty (John) Kreider; ten grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and many nieces, nephews, and great-nieces and great-nephews. Our sincerest sympathy to Carol and her entire family.
- Central YMCA Membership/Fitness Connector, Carl J. (Sherri) LaRosa, is mourning the loss of his father, Paul A. LaRosa, Jr. Paul will be sadly missed by his wife the former Marian Wawrak; two other sons, Paul C. LaRosa (fiance Darnell Irvine), and George J. (Bonnie) LaRosa; a daughter, Cynthia (Pantelis) Triantafillos; and his cherished grandchildren Paul J. LaRosa, Manoli Triantafillos, Carl D. LaRosa, Nicolas LaRosa, and Jessica (Chad) Daugherty. Our deepest condolences to Carl and his entire family.
- YMCA bus driver, Gary (Diana) Barnes is mourning the loss of his brother-in-law, Richard Joseph Smith. Joe also leaves his son, Randy (Kim) Smith, and his granddaughters, Sarah E. Smith and Hannah A. Smith; a brother, Edward J. Smith; a sister-in-law, Carole Smith; brother-in-law, Richard Alexander; and many nieces and nephews. Our sincerest sympathy to Gary, Diana, and their entire family.
- Central YMCA member, James E. “Jim” Pace will be sadly missed by his loving wife, Kathy; his daughters, Stephanie (Corey Prologo) Pace and Jennifer (Scott Terry) Pace; his beloved grandchildren, Ian James and Isla Noelle Prologo; his brother, Mike (Louise) Pace; and several nieces, nephews and cousins, who he loved dearly. Our deepest sympathy to Jim’s family.
- Patricia M. Angelot will be sadly missed by her sister Linda Angelot. Linda worked in the YMCA Metro Business Office for over nine years. Pat leaves many cousins; her beloved cat Suzanna; and her dog, Jesse. Our sincerest sympathy Linda.
- YMCA Board of Trustee member Andrea Wood (Dennis LaRue) is mourning the loss of her brother-in-law, Martin R. LaRue. Martin will be sadly missed by his companion, Carol Carr; a sister, Constance LaRue; and another brother, William LaRue. Our deepest sympathy to Dennis and his family.
- YMCA members Chet (Donna) Bolender are mourning the loss of his mother, Phyllis Bolender. Phyllis also leaves her daughter Liz (Frank) Bernard; three grandchildren, Phillip Bolender (fiancee Missy), Olivia (Brandon) Suverison, and Jayne Bernard; two great-grandchildren, Ian and Makayla, with a third great-grandchild on the way; and her lifelong friend, who was like a sister to her, Kay Commings. Our sincerest sympathy to Chet and his entire family on their loss.
- Central YMCA barber, Joseph E. “Joe the Barber” Bratek, will be sadly missed by his wife, Yvonne (Metzka) Bratek; his son, Joseph Jacob (Ashley) Bratek; his brother, Douglas (Cynthia) Bratek; three sisters, Ronda Radcliffe, Deborah (David) Barnes and Patricia (Fred Rhodes) Bratek; and his Y family. Our deepest sympathy.
- The Saadey family is mourning the loss of Anthony J. Saadey. Anthony will be forever missed by his wife, the former Beverly Fire; his daughters, Cara Saadey and Jana (Brandon) Parvini; his son, Anthony J. Saadey, Jr.; his grandchildren, Ava and Anton Parvini; his brother, Dr. George (Judy) Saadey; his sisters, Florence Vitullo, Betty Ann Garono, and Linda (Ken) Carano; his sister-in-law, Helen Saadey; and his many nieces and nephews. Our sincerest sympathy to Anthony’s family.
- Patricia Ann Miller will be sadly missed by her son, YMCA member Gary Miller and his wife, spinning instructor, Lisa Miller. Patricia also leaves to cherish her memory another son, Terry (Becky) Miller; daughter Lori (Robin) Robinette; grandchildren Terry Robert (Beth) Miller, Stephanie (Jason) Rice, Alex Miller, Jake Miller, Aidan Robinette, Kathryn (Jay) Kehoe and John Youngblood; and seven great-grandchildren. Our deepest sympathy to Gary and his family.
- YMCA HFD Members that helped/donated to make the HFD exercise room a better place–we THANK YOU: Marty Altman, Bruce Beard, Don Begezda, Chester Bolendar, Joe Cassese, Johnny Cassiano, J.P. Daliman, Greg Deniro, Ted Dudzik, Dix Fisher, Gene Gage, Dan Garver, Jody Guarnieri, Mark Heschmeyer, Leo Jay, Chris Knight, Alan Kretzer, Andy Kuchmaner, Thom Lodge, Stan Markovitz, Tim Marucci, Nick Mathews, Chuck McCray, Jim Mocker, Joe Mozzy, Tom Mumaw, Larry Olson, Tom Onesti, Ted Roberts, Jeff Saluga, Dave Sefcik, Thom Skovira, Danny Thomas, Johnny Vitullo, and Bud Walker.
Have member news to share?
Patty Tchoryk at firstname.lastname@example.org