- CONGRATULATIONS to Ben Burkey, Central YMCA front desk/membership staff! Ben is graduating from Boardman High School with honors. Ben will be attending YSU majoring in Exercise Science and has received the Red and White Scholarship. Congratulation and best wishes Ben!
- Central SilverSneakers member Norm Hoefler
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Warren Harrell
- Former YMCA Staff Avi Cooper.
- LIVESTRONG participants John and Morris
- Central YMCA Housekeeping Staff Rosetta
- Central YMCA member Rita Roncone
- Central Y Member Tom “Noodle” Lawrence
- Dennis LaRue
- Kathy Thomas’s mom, Barbara
- YMCA CEO Thomas Gacse‘s son, Tommy Gacse
- Hiromi Takahashi
- Karl R.
- Gary B.
- Central YMCA member Attorney Alan Kretzer
- YMCA Board of Trustees member Melinda Davies’ mom.
- Central YMCA member Iva (“Mickey”) Harrell
- Long-time Central YMCA member Helen Povtak
- YMCA Board of Trustee Emeritus Member William Brennan
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee’s Frank Yeager
- Central SilverSneakers member, Meter Fromel will be sadly missed by his daughters: Nance (James) Fromel, Susan (Greg) Ravotti, and Diane (James) Wylam; a son, Michael (Melanie) Fromel: 10 grandchildren: Kristen, Michael, Eli, Jesse, Joey, John, James, Michael, Alex, and Andrew; two great-grandchildren: Luke and Caleb; three siblings: Evelyn Yourstowsky, John (Arneatha) Fromel, and Julia Simko; many nieces and nephews; and many extended family members. Meter will be greatly missed by his family and Y friends.
- Florence Rouse will be sadly missed by her son, Robert Rouse; a daughter, Terrie Rouse-Rosario; grandson, Malcolm Rouse-West; twin sisters: Lillian Rozenblad and Vivian Lott; son-in-law, Eliseo Rosario, Jr., M.D.; daughter-in-law, Perdita Rouse; and a host of nieces, nephews, and cousins. Florence participated in the MS swimming program at the YMCA and was an active member with the Multiple Sclerosis Service Agency and Multiple Sclerosis Society for almost four decades. Our sincerest sympathy to Florence’s family. Florence will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her.
- YMCA Board of Trustees member, Melinda M. Davies, is mourning the loss of her father, Herbert A. Mincher. Herb leaves the love of his life, Grace M. (Wright) Mincher; two other children: Karen L. Mincher and Pastor Jeffrey H. Mincher; daughter-in-law, Diana L. Mincher; three grandchildren: Joshua (Crystal) Mincher, Sarah (Christopher) Vaughn, Rachel (Zach) Silver; and four great-grandchildren: Ethan, Emma, and Wyatt Mincher, and Penelope Vaughn. Our deepest sympathy to Mindy and her family.
- Long-time Central YMCA member, Joan (Durkin) Ruffing, is mourning the loss of her husband, James N. Ruffing. Jim will be sadly missed by his daughters: Mary Ann (Jim) Tomasic and Maureen (Kirk) Hough; his son Michael Ruffing; his ten grandchildren who lovingly called him “Bop:” Brendan, Nicole, Ryan, Megan and Connor Tomasic, Nicholas, Matthew and Katie Hough, and Brielle and Abigail Ruffing; and all of Jim and Joan’s Y friends. Our sincerest sympathy to Joan and her family.
- Joyce A. Baldwin will be sadly missed by her husband, Central YMCA member, Richard Baldwin. Joyce is also survived by her sons: Anthony (Kelly) Pulice and William Pulice; her stepchildren: Linda (Don) Tankovich, Barbara (Bob) Smith, Richard Baldwin, and Robert (Marie) Baldwin; her grandchildren: A.J., Amber, and Lizbeth Ann; her great-grandson, Bennett; 11 step-grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and her pets: Bonnie and Pumpkin. Our deepest sympathy to Richard and Joyce’s family.
- Central YMCA fitness staff, Irina Bidinotto, is mourning the loss of her brother-in-law, John J. Bidinotto, Sr. John will be greatly missed by his wife and long-time friend, Carol (Hurst) Bidinotto; his daughter, Stephanie Lynn Bidinotto Shelko; a son, John Joseph Bidinotto, Jr.; two grandaughters: Kayla and Emily; great-grandaughter Harley; three sisters; two brothers; a half-brother and half-sister; and two stepsons: Charles (Kim) Jayne and Steven (Jen) Jayne. Our sincerest sympathy to John’s family.
- Central YMCA member, Irene (Skevos) Klonaris Zembillas, is mourning the loss of her father. Our deepest sympathy to Irene and her family.
- Central SilverSneakers member Margie Mills Zatchok will be sadly missed by her husband John; children: Jeff (Nancy) Zatchok and Susie Forde; four grandchildren: Christopher (Kristen) Forde, Carly (Mark) Raseta, Jake (fiancee, Sara Walker) Zatchok, and Jeffrey (Kailyn) Zatchok; three great-grandchildren: Maddox Raseta, Beckham Zatchok, Roman Forde, and one more on the way; a sister, Patricia Hale; a brother, Tom Mills; an ‘adopted son,’ Jason Stilson, who she helped raise; a cousin, Father Richard Lambert; dear friends; along with many nieces, nephews, and extended family members, church family, and friends. Our sincerest sympathy to John and his entire family.
- Central YMCA member Dorothy Grissett is mourning the loss of her cousin, Betty L. Carter. Betty leaves to cherish her precious memories, her two daughters: Gwendolyn (Rev. Bennie) Hardin and Sheila Carter; a son, Robert Earl Carter; five grandchildren: Adrienne Paige, Justin Paige, Dorian Williams, Demetrius Williams and Deidre Williams; four great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces, nephews, other family and friends. Our deepest sympathy to Dorothy and Betty’s family.
- Central Y staff and friends are mourning the loss of Tara Lyn Cox who was an employee of the Housekeeping Department. Tara leaves to cherish her beloved memories, her mom, Cheryl Cox; a sister, Marla Cox; and a host of aunts, uncles, cousins, extended family, and friends. Our sincerest sympathy to Cheryl and her family. Tara will be greatly missed by her Y friends.
- Central YMCA member Joseph ‘Pepper’ Caruso will be sadly missed by the love of his life, Barbara J. Caruso (Santucci); his daughter Gia (Terence) Taylor; a son Joseph (Rebecca) Caruso; seven grandchildren: Kedron, Bryn, Lane and T.J. Taylor, and Adrianna, Elan, and Isabella Caruso; his sister Judy Daloise (Bill) Jenkins; a brother Ronnie Caruso; brothers-in-law; and his nephews, nieces, great-nieces, great-nephews from the Daloise, Caruso, Santucci, and Karabin families; and all his YMCA friends. Our deepest sympathy to Joseph’s entire family.
- Daron L. Williams will be greatly missed by his brother-in-law, Central YMCA member, Joe (Nancy) Frazier, Sr. Daron leaves to cherish his memories, four children: Dacia Williams, Daron “D.J.” Williams, Jr., Aaron Williams, Sr. and Britnay Parker; five grandchildren; eight sisters: Doris (Leroy) Gipson, Nancy (Joe) Frazier, Sr., Alberta Hampton, Lizzie (Cleveland) Caldwell, Debra Cobbin, Vivian (Marshall) Rogers, Willie Jean Johnson, and Rosetta Brown; three brothers: James C. (Jewelean) Lewis, Sr., Howard (Joyce) Lewis II, and Roosevelt (Rose Mary) Lewis, Sr., his long-time companion, Juanita Peace; and a host of nieces, nephews, other family and friends. Our sincerest sympathy to Joe Daron’s entire family.
- Central YMCA member Dennis Shaffer is mourning the loss of his sister, Linda Rae Durkin. Linda will be sadly missed by her sons, John F. Durkin IV and Jeff M. Durkin; four grandchildren, John F. Durkin V, Justin M. Durkin, Amber A. Durkin, and Tristan C. Durkin; and three great-grandchildren, Alexander J. Durkin, John F. Durkin VI and newborn Emma V. Durkin. Our deepest sympathy to Dennis and his family.
- YMCA HFD Members that helped/donated to make the HFD exercise room a better place–we THANK YOU: Marty Altman, Bruce Beard, Don Begezda, Chester Bolendar, Joe Cassese, Johnny Cassiano, J.P. Daliman, Greg Deniro, Ted Dudzik, Dix Fisher, Gene Gage, Dan Garver, Jody Guarnieri, Mark Heschmeyer, Leo Jay, Chris Knight, Alan Kretzer, Andy Kuchmaner, Thom Lodge, Stan Markovitz, Tim Marucci, Nick Mathews, Chuck McCray, Jim Mocker, Joe Mozzy, Tom Mumaw, Larry Olson, Tom Onesti, Ted Roberts, Jeff Saluga, Dave Sefcik, Thom Skovira, Danny Thomas, Johnny Vitullo, and Bud Walker.
Have member news to share?
Patty Tchoryk at email@example.com