- CONGRATULATIONS to to all of our employees and our YMCA members who ran the whole or half marathon or the 5k on June 4, 2017! We are so proud of all of you!!
- Central YMCA member Tom “Noodle” Lawrence
- Long-time Central YMCA member Dick Organ
- Central YMCA Member Leo Jay
- Monica Tchoryk
- YMCA member “Phil”
- Board of Trustee member Craig Sheetz
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Warren Harrell
- Central YMCA member Iva (“Mickey”) Harrell
- Central YMCA member Ron Price
- Central YMCA HFD member Irving Caraway
- Long-time Central YMCA member Helen Povtak
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Emeritus William Brennan
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee’s Frank Yeager
- Former Board of Trustee member Anthony ‘Tony’ J. Lariccia will be sadly missed by all who knew him. Tony leaves to cherish his memory, his wife, Mary C. (Olinick) Lariccia; and his two daughters, Natalie M. (Dr. Gregory Huang) Lariccia and Dana A. Lariccia. Our most deepest sympathy to Mary, Natalie and Dana.
- Central Fitness/Membership Connector, Carl LaRosa, is mourning the loss of his nephew, Emmanuel ‘Manoli’ Triantafillos. Manoli leaves to cherish his memory, his parents, Pantelis and Cynthia (LaRosa) Triantafillos; his grandmother, Marian LaRosa; and his uncles, Yianni (Maria) Triantafillos, Paul (Dee) LaRosa, George (Bonnie) LaRosa, and Carl (Sherri) LaRosa; cousins, Emmanuel J. Triantafillos, George Triantafillos, Katerina (Sotiri) Triantafillos, Themelis Triantafillos, PJ LaRosa and Jessica LaRosa; and many well-loved extended family members. Our sincerest sympathy to Carl and Manoli’s entire family.
- YMCA member Raed Abuhashim is mourning the loss of his father, Abdelkader Abuhashim, and his mother, Almia Elmughari. Our most sincerest sympathy to Raed and his family.
- Central Y member, Clarence ‘Sparky’ Ashby, Sr., is mourning the loss of his son, Andrew W. ‘Andy’ Ashby. Andy also leaves behind to hold onto his memories, two sisters, Debbie Carrocce and Diana (Al) Thompson; a brother, Clarence ‘Sparky’ Ashby, Jr.; his longtime best friends, Sam Accordino and Father Henry Andrea; many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great nephews; along with his beloved cats, Sammy, Sydney and Waldo. Our sincerest sympathy to Clarence and his entire family!
- Mariano Miguel Caban will be sadly missed by his wife, the former Maureen Francis; his children, Keegan, Devante, and Anissia Francis-Caban; sisters Ana (Keith) Franklin (Central Y members) and Natasha (Liam) Smith; brothers Charlo Caban, Leo Ramsundar and Juan Caban; nieces Carlene Caban and Sahaela Smith; and his father, Central YMCA member, Mariano Caban, Sr. Our deepest sympathy to Mariano’s entire family.
- Central YMCA member, Bob (Joann) Stoops, is mourning the loss of his sister, Marianne Kralj. Marianne leaves her husband, Alex; her three daughters, Lisa (John) Lucansky, Amy (Rick) Eplawy, and Janeen Bosi; five grandchildren, Alex Lucansky, Anna and Mira Eplawy, Yvan and Aden Bosi; another brother Jimmy Stoops; her two sisters-in-law, Dee Stoops and Sandy Stoops; and many beloved nieces and nephews. Our sincerest sympathy to Bob and Marianne’s entire family.
- Francis L. ‘Frank’ Sammarone will be sadly missed by his brother, Central YMCA member, Charles ‘Chuck’ (Mary Ann) Sammarone. Frank leaves to cherish his memory his wife, Victoria (Fabek); his daughter, Debra; sisters Louise (Reese) Williams and Clara (Tom) Karabin; and many special nieces, nephews, and cousins that enriched his life. Our deepest sympathy to Chuck and his family!
- Central Housekeeping staff Rosetta Watkins is mourning the loss of her nephew Ricki Darnell Williams III. Ricki leaves to forever cherish his beloved memory, his mother, Alexis; father Ricky (Dianna); four sons, Ricki D, Rha’heim D., Rha’mel D., and Rico Williams; one daughter, Kia N. Williams; and Nya Williams, whom he reared; two sisters; seven brothers; grandparents; great-grandparents; and a host of aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, other family and many friends. Our sincerest sympathy to Rosetta and Ricki’s entire family. God Bless!
- Robert T. DiMaiolo will be sadly missed by his son, Central staff, Bob (Jen) DiMaiolo. Robert also leaves to cherish his memory his mother; a daughter, Nicole (John) Overly; a brother, James (Pam) DiMaiolo; five grandchildren; a longtime companion, Elida Schiavone; and his dog, Cody. Our deepest sympathy to Bob and his family.
- Long-time Central YMCA member Findley K. Boyd, Jr. is mourning the loss of his wife, Barbara J. Boyd. Barbara also leaves to cherish her memory her sons, Findley K. Boyd III and his beloved companion, Christine O’Keefe, and Timothy M. Boyd and his wife, Antionette. Our deepest sympathy to Fin and his family.
- Louise K. Leone will be sadly missed by her loving husband, Central YMCA member Chester Leone; three children, Dominic Leone, Margaret “Missy” Leone, and C.J. Leone; three grandchildren, Zachary Leone, Austin Maynard and Aaliyah Leone; sister Alvina (Don) Knispel; five brothers, Walter (Patricia) Schaefer, Paul (Marsha) Schaefer, Phil (Sharon) Schaefer, Eddie (Eileen) Schaeffer, and Junior (May) Schaeffer; nephew Atty. Dominic Leone III, whom she treated as her son; and many loving numerous nieces, nephews and cousins. Our sincerest sympathy to Chester and his family.
- Central YMCA is mourning the loss of former employee, Frank P. ‘Cheech’ Gamberale. Frank will always be remembered lovingly by his two children, Margherita (John) Kavulla and Frank (Mary) Gamberale; twin granddaughters, Carina and Gianna; and sister-in-law Doria Furano; and many loving nieces and nephews, both here and in Italy. Our deepest sympathy to Frank’s family.
- Central YMCA member, John F. ‘Jack’ Franken, will be sadly missed by his loving wife of 71 years, Carol (Sloan) Franken; his sisters, Virginia (Charles) Koch and Sally (James) Sloan, and his brother, Don (Nancy) Franken. Also surviving Jack are his four children, John Jr. (Darline), Timothy and Kelly (Tom) Benson, and Kitty (John) Kreider; ten grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and many nieces, nephews, and great-nieces and great-nephews. Our sincerest sympathy to Carol and her entire family.
- Central YMCA Membership/Fitness Connector, Carl J. (Sherri) LaRosa, is mourning the loss of his father, Paul A. LaRosa, Jr. Paul will be sadly missed by his wife the former Marian Wawrak; two other sons, Paul C. LaRosa (fiance Darnell Irvine), and George J. (Bonnie) LaRosa; a daughter, Cynthia (Pantelis) Triantafillos; and his cherished grandchildren Paul J. LaRosa, Manoli Triantafillos, Carl D. LaRosa, Nicolas LaRosa, and Jessica (Chad) Daugherty. Our deepest condolences to Carl and his entire family.
- YMCA HFD Members that helped/donated to make the HFD exercise room a better place–we THANK YOU: Marty Altman, Bruce Beard, Don Begezda, Chester Bolendar, Joe Cassese, Johnny Cassiano, J.P. Daliman, Greg Deniro, Ted Dudzik, Dix Fisher, Gene Gage, Dan Garver, Jody Guarnieri, Mark Heschmeyer, Leo Jay, Chris Knight, Alan Kretzer, Andy Kuchmaner, Thom Lodge, Stan Markovitz, Tim Marucci, Nick Mathews, Chuck McCray, Jim Mocker, Joe Mozzy, Tom Mumaw, Larry Olson, Tom Onesti, Ted Roberts, Jeff Saluga, Dave Sefcik, Thom Skovira, Danny Thomas, Johnny Vitullo, and Bud Walker.
Have member news to share?
Patty Tchoryk at email@example.com