- CONGRATULATIONS to YMCA Member Serena Sammarone! Serena was named Player of the Game for her play in the Canfield Cardinals’ 44-40 come-from-behind win over South Range! She led all scorers with a game-high 21 points. Way to go Serena!!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the following YMCA Members that were honored at the 2017 ‘25 Under 35’ Awards Dinner at the Stambaugh Auditorium on February 9th: Thomas Hull II–Manchester, Newman & Bennett, LPA; Nick Sebastiano—Sebastiano, LTD; Sara Wenger—Eastgate Regional Council of Governments; and former YMCA Youth Director, Joselyn Parker—Director of Education & Youth Services for the Columbus Urban League. Congrats to all the young professionals who were honored that night!
- CONGRATULATIONS to Thomas M. Gacse! The YMCA of Youngstown’s new President/Chief Executive Officer who will begin on January 1, 2017. Welcome Mr. Gacse!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the following students moving up to Yellow Belt in Tae Kwon Do: Ahleeah Abdullah, Sultan Abdullah, and Alivia Staffrey! We are so proud of you. Keep up the good work!
- The Bresnahan Family
- The LiveSTRONG Family
- Tom Lamb’s Family
- Central YMCA HFD member Thaddeus “Ted” Dudzik
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Warren Harrell
- Central YMCA member Tom “Noodle” Lawrence
- Central YMCA member Iva (“Mickey”) Harrell
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee Member Bill Wade
- Central YMCA member Ron Price
- Central YMCA HFD member Jim Pace
- Central YMCA HFD member Irving Caraway
- Central YMCA member Roland (“Cookie”) Fabrizio
- Davis Family YMCA Member Services Director Juleen Keefer
- Long-time Central YMCA member Helen Povtak
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Emeritus William Brennan
- Central YMCA member Linda Sisek
- Davis Family YMCA member John Ekiert
- Director of Development & Marketing Marykaye Carlson
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee’s Frank Yeager
- The YMCA and the YMCA LiveSTRONG Program are mourning the loss of one of their own, Thomas P. Lamb. Tom leaves to cherish his memory, his wife, Lori Lamb; his children: Nick Lamb, Rob (Jessica) Chiarello, and Marc (Briana) Chiarello; his grandchildren, mother, brothers; and his faithful companions, Chewie and Louie. Our hearts go out to Tom and his blood family and his Y family who all fought that fight with him. Tom will always be our inspiration.
- Long-time Central YMCA member Samuel T. Fasline, Sr. will be sadly missed by his children: Sam T. Fasline, Jr., Judith Lynn Fasline, Mary Beth (Joseph) Pipino, Anthony Fasline, and Thomas Fasline; two grandchildren; and three great-grandsons. Sam will be greatly missed by all his friends at the Y. Our deepest sympathy to his family.
- Joseph J. Montella, Sr. will be sadly missed his sister, Central YMCA member, Geri (Paul) Damore. Joseph leaves to cherish his memory, his wife, the former Barbara Humphreys; his sons, Steve (Jen) Montella and Joe Jr. (Colleen) Montella; ten grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; two other sisters: Louise Cerny and Mary Rita DiPietro; and his brother-in-law, Tom (Peppy) Humphreys. Our sincerest sympathy to Geri and her family.
- YMCA member Nicole (Rob) Zabel is mourning the death of her grandfather, Major Frank ‘Doc’ Damiano Sr, D.P.M. Frank will be lovingly remembered by his children: Frank (Debbie) Damiano, Christine (Rey) Notareschi, and Marie (John) Cullen; seven grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. Our deepest sympathy to Nicole and her family.
- YMCA Board of Trustees Member Timothy T. (Kelly) Bresnahan is mourning the loss of his brother, Michael (“Mike”) J. Bresnahan. Mike will be lovingly remembered by his wife, Sheila (Page) Bresnahan; son Sean Page; sisters Susan B. McHugh and Kathleen B. (Christopher) Ackerman; brothers William J. (Joyce) Bresnahan, Patrick C. (Jill) Bresnahan, David L. Bresnahan, and Timothy T. (Kelly) Bresnahan; sisters-in-law Toni (Bob) Magnoski and Leslie (Dale) Sausman; and brother-in-law Michael (Jeanne) Page. “Uncle Muck” was a favorite to more than 30 nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews. Our sincerest sympathy to Mike’s wife and family.
- Central YMCA bus driver Jason Young (Danette) is mourning the loss of his father-in-law, Daniel ‘Dan’ Askew, Sr. Dan leaves to cherish his memory, his loving wife, Betty; daughters Danette (Jason) Askew-Young, Marilyn (Herman) Clinkscale Davis and Kathleen (Jim) Clinkscale Felder; three sons: Madison Clinkscale III, Daniel Jr. and Derrick Askew; a sister, Sarah Adams; two brothers-in-law, Rev. James (Lorene) Payden and Frank Payden; one sister-in-law, Laureen Spivey; 13 grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces, nephews, friends, and relatives. Our deepest sympathy to Dan’s family and friends.
- Ergia ‘Jean’ Petrarca Guarnieri will be sadly missed by her son Anthony “Jody” (Diane) Guarnieri and niece, Yvonne Fayard, Central YMCA members. Jean was an active and amazing 104 year old woman and loved by all who met her. Jean also leaves her two adoring daughters, Diana (Donald) Danko and Monica Piskura; 10 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; 3 great-great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. Our sincerest sympathy to Jean’s family.
- Central YMCA lifeguard, Maggie Glaros, is mourning the loss of her great-grandmother, Catherine ‘Kate’ A. Margetko. Catherine was 103 when she passed away peacefully with her loving family by her side! She leaves to cherish her memory, her daughter, Gerri (Pat) Ginnetti; her sons, Joseph (Nancy) Margetko, and Jan Margetko; and her son-in-law, Joseph Tomaskevitch; many grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren. Our deepest sympathy to Maggie and her family on the loss of this amazing lady!
- The Central YMCA is mourning the loss of one of their most cherished members and volunteers Margaret ‘Peggy’ M. Daniels. Peggy will be sadly missed by many, including her five children, Mary (Frank) Gamberale , Janet Daniels, Jack (Suzanne) Daniels, Gibby (John) Bittman, and Maggie (Matt Michel) Daniels ; five grandchildren, Matthew, Josh, David, Carina, and Gianna; brother Harry (Jackie) Franklin; sister-in-law Mary Hares Franklin; as well as her many friends, nieces, and nephews. Our sincerest sympathy to Peggy’s family and friends. Peggy will be missed.
- Former Central YMCA Fitness Director Maureen Horvath is mourning the loss of her sister Jeanne R. Saadey. Jeanne was preceded in death by her husband, Russell J. Saadey. Jeanne will be sadly missed by her six children and grandchildren (YMCA members), Jody (James) Sabatine (James Jr., Jeana and Joey), Russell J. “Champ” Saadey, Jr. (Russell J. III, Ashley B. and Sabrina J.), Joe Saadey, Anthony P. Saadey (Anthony P. Jr.), Missy (Michael) Malvasi (Michael II, Giana and Mia), and Phillip E. Sr. (Jen) Saadey (Merissa J., Phillip E. II, Jasmine J. and Giancarlo A.); three other sisters, Barbara (Robert) Nelson, Peggy (Eli) Saadi, and Susan Abraham; and many nieces and nephews. Our deepest sympathy to Maureen, all her children and grandchildren, and Jeanne’s children and grandchildren on your tremendous loss.
- Central YMCA front desk staff Max Demetra is mourning the loss of his grandfather John Demetra. John will be sadly missed by his high school sweetheart and best friend, June (Rhiel) Demetra; sons, John (Cathy) Demetra, James (Gloria) Demetra, and Jerry (Nancy) Demetra; brother Michael (Dorothy) Demetra; and four grandchildren. Our sincerest sympathy to Max and his family.
- Central YMCA maintenance department staff Kayla Kuszmaul is mourning the loss of her grandmother, Willene Shaver Picken. Willene will be sadly missed by her children, Robert W. (Cheri) Picken and Lori Kuszmaul; five grandchildren; as well as five great-grandchildren. Our deepest sympathy to the Kayla and her family.
- Central YMCA member Patricia (Ross) Sandy is mourning the loss of her husband, Joseph Anthony Sandy. Joseph will be sadly missed by his children, Beth Sandy, Robert (Janis) Pomaro, Mark (Marina) Pomaro, and Lisa (Tom Crump) Pomaro; son-in-law Russell Neville; five grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; a sister, Florence Colburn; loving and dedicated nephews, Gary Colburn, Ralph and Bill Sandy; and numerous loving nieces, nephews and cousins.
- A quote from Central YMCA member Barbara Anzivino: “I thank the ‘Y’ for keeping me alive!”
Have member news to share?
Patty Tchoryk at firstname.lastname@example.org