- CONGRATULATIONS to Gary and Diana Barnes on their 50th wedding anniversary!! Gary drives the bus for the YMCA. Gary and Diana celebrated their 50th anniversary with their children: Gary (Sandi) Barnes, Jr. and Sheri (Jeff) Pluchinsky, and their grandchildren: Mackinzee Barnes and Brynn and Brooke Pluchinsky. Our blessings are with you Gary and Diana!
- CONGRATULATIONS to Ben Burkey, Central YMCA front desk/membership staff! Ben is graduating from Boardman High School with honors. Ben will be attending YSU majoring in Exercise Science and has received the Red and White Scholarship. Congratulation and best wishes Ben!
- Central YMCA member Attorney Alan Kretzer
- Central YMCA members Dale and Alice Rair
- Central YMCA staff Clemate Franklin shoulder surgery
- Central SilverSneakers member Norm Hoefler
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Warren Harrell
- LIVESTRONG participants John and Morris
- Central YMCA Housekeeping Staff Rosetta
- Central Y Member Tom “Noodle” Lawrence
- Dennis LaRue
- YMCA CEO Thomas Gacse‘s son, Tommy Gacse
- Hiromi Takahashi
- Karl R.
- Gary B.
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee’s Frank Yeager
- Central YMCA member Gary (Sherree) Zamary is mourning the loss of his mother, Antoinette ‘Toni’ P. Zamary. Toni will be lovingly remembered by her other four children: Frank (Debbie) Zamary, Ed (Scherl) Zamary, Mary (Rick) Mittica, and Terri (Paul) Lesnoski; 14 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. Our deepest sympathy to Gary and his entire family.
- Antonio Shawn Randall will be sadly missed by his father Robert Randall, Sr.; mother, Antoinette Roberson; stepmother, Yolanda Rodriguez; brothers: Robert, Jr. (Kesha), Christopher Velasquez, and Anthony (Netra) Rodriguez; sister, Samantha; his four children: Christopher Tae’Shaun Lee Randall, RanezMay Austin, Antoinette Randall, Antonio Shawn Randall, Jr., and Miracle Cheris Randall; the mother of his children; an uncle, Danta’; a niece, Nautica; nephews: Semaj and Robert III; many friends; and a special little girl, Neveah. Antonio will be deeply missed by all and was loved by so many. Our sincerest sympathy to Antonio’s family and friends.
- Central YMCA member James Lipjanic is mourning the loss of his father, George T. Lipjanic, Jr. George leaves two other children: Karen (Mike) Vargo and Michael Lipjanic; nine grandchildren (Jimmy Lipjanic also belongs to the YMCA); four great-grandchildren; and a sister, Sue Campenella. Our deepest sympathy to James and Jimmy on their loss.
- Long-time Central YMCA member and Camp Fitch volunteer, Bill Moore, passed away on Sunday, July 1, 2018 at the age of 92. Bill was a teacher in the city school system for many years, and after retiring, was a substitute teacher throughout Mahoning County. Bill enjoyed golfing, was a member of the Original Church bowling league at Marvondale Lanes, and was a senior Olympic swimmer; winning many medals over the years. He participated in the 5:30 p.m. aquaerobics class at the Central Y and was involved with the Indian Guide Program in the late 1960’s. A tireless volunteer at Camp Fitch as a member of the “Chain Gang,” Bill pounded thousands of nails, helped to build the nature trail, stairways, B.B. range, and many other projects over the years. After retiring from the “Gang” in 2010, the deck behind Mitchell Lodge was dedicated in his honor and named “Moore’s Landing.” Condolences to the entire Moore family from the YMCA of Youngstown and his buddies on the Chain Gang volunteer crew.
- Rita Ritz Prior will be sadly missed by her brother, Central Y member George Ritz. Rita also leaves a son, Brian; another brother Leonard (Brenda) Ritz; a sister, Kathleen Ritz Kane; nieces: Kellie (Niel) Friery and Rachel Ritz; and great-niece and great-nephew Madelyn and Noah Friery. Our deepest sympathy to George and his family.
- Central YMCA member, Charles Sammarone, is mourning the loss of his nephew, Robert P. Fabek. Robert will be sadly missed by the love of his life, Darlene Moses; his daughters: Jacquie (Paul) Kelly, Andrea Fabek, Chrissy (C.K.) Mullins, and Brittany Moses Bates; ten grandchildren; and a brother and best friend, Mike (Denise) Fabek. Our sincerest sympathy to Chuck and Robert’s family.
- Donna M. Yancsurak will be sadly missed by her son, Central YMCA member, Robert (Jennifer) DiMaiolo; daughter Nicole (John) Overly; stepdaughter Lanette (Jeff) Olson; stepson Lonnie (Shannan) Yancsurak; sister Rose Marie; ten loving grandchildren: Ava, Gia and Remy DiMaiolo, J.P. and Ethan Overly, Avery and Jack Olson, and Bodie, Beckett and Evie Yancsurak; and her dog, Bella. Our deepest sympathy to Bob and his family.
- Central YMCA member Dino (Bo) Cencia is mourning the loss of his brother Robert F. Cencia. Robert will be sadly missed by another brother, Joseph (Patricia) Cencia; two nephews: Dino Cencia and Christopher (Cathe) Cencia; two nieces: Andrea (Andrew) Oliver and Kristine Cencia a great-niece, great-nephew, two step great-nieces; his former wife and lifelong friend, Loretta Cencia and her children, Anna Krushinski and Del Smith, whom he helped raise. Our sincerest sympathy to Dino and his family.
- Central SilverSneakers member, Meter Fromel will be sadly missed by his daughters: Nance (James) Fromel, Susan (Greg) Ravotti, and Diane (James) Wylam; a son, Michael (Melanie) Fromel: 10 grandchildren: Kristen, Michael, Eli, Jesse, Joey, John, James, Michael, Alex, and Andrew; two great-grandchildren: Luke and Caleb; three siblings: Evelyn Yourstowsky, John (Arneatha) Fromel, and Julia Simko; many nieces and nephews; and many extended family members. Meter will be greatly missed by his family and Y friends. Our deepest sympathy to Meter’s family.
- Florence Rouse will be sadly missed by her son, Robert Rouse; a daughter, Terrie Rouse-Rosario; grandson, Malcolm Rouse-West; twin sisters: Lillian Rozenblad and Vivian Lott; son-in-law, Eliseo Rosario, Jr., M.D.; daughter-in-law, Perdita Rouse; and a host of nieces, nephews, and cousins. Florence participated in the MS swimming program at the YMCA and was an active member with the Multiple Sclerosis Service Agency and Multiple Sclerosis Society for almost four decades. Our sincerest sympathy to Florence’s family. Florence will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her.
- YMCA Board of Trustees member, Melinda M. Davies, is mourning the loss of her father, Herbert A. Mincher. Herb leaves the love of his life, Grace M. (Wright) Mincher; two other children: Karen L. Mincher and Pastor Jeffrey H. Mincher; daughter-in-law, Diana L. Mincher; three grandchildren: Joshua (Crystal) Mincher, Sarah (Christopher) Vaughn, Rachel (Zach) Silver; and four great-grandchildren: Ethan, Emma, and Wyatt Mincher, and Penelope Vaughn. Our deepest sympathy to Mindy and her family.
- Saying goodbye and thank you to Kathy Thomas, long-time staff member who is retiring from the YMCA of Youngstown after 21+ years! Kathy worked in the Metro office located at the Central Y as Director of Business and Finance. Thank you again Kathy for your service here at our YMCA and best wishes on your retirement!
- Also saying goodbye and thank you to D’Nelle Seiple. D’Nelle served the YMCA of Youngstown for 17 years as Youth Sports League Director. She is taking her passion for youth sports and moving on to work with another organization. We appreciate all D’Nelle has done to serve our YMCA and Youngstown’s youth.
Have member news to share?
Patty Tchoryk at email@example.com