- CONGRATULATIONS to YMCA Member Serena Sammarone! Serena was named Player of the Game for her play in the Canfield Cardinals’ 44-40 come-from-behind win over South Range! She led all scorers with a game-high 21 points. Way to go Serena!!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the following YMCA Members that were honored at the 2017 ‘25 Under 35’ Awards Dinner at the Stambaugh Auditorium on February 9th: Thomas Hull II–Manchester, Newman & Bennett, LPA; Nick Sebastiano—Sebastiano, LTD; Sara Wenger—Eastgate Regional Council of Governments; and former YMCA Youth Director, Joselyn Parker—Director of Education & Youth Services for the Columbus Urban League. Congrats to all the young professionals who were honored that night!
- CONGRATULATIONS to Thomas M. Gacse! The YMCA of Youngstown’s new President/Chief Executive Officer who will begin on January 1, 2017. Welcome Mr. Gacse!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the following students moving up to Yellow Belt in Tae Kwon Do: Ahleeah Abdullah, Sultan Abdullah, and Alivia Staffrey! We are so proud of you. Keep up the good work!
- Board of Trustee member Howdy B. Friend‘s son-in-law, Craig Sheetz
- Tom Lamb’s Family
- Central YMCA HFD member Thaddeus “Ted” Dudzik
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Warren Harrell
- Central YMCA member Tom “Noodle” Lawrence
- Central YMCA member Iva (“Mickey”) Harrell
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee Member Bill Wade
- Central YMCA member Ron Price
- Central YMCA HFD member Jim Pace
- Central YMCA HFD member Irving Caraway
- Long-time Central YMCA member Helen Povtak
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Emeritus William Brennan
- Central YMCA member Linda Sisek
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee’s Frank Yeager
- YMCA members are mourning the loss of their father Mario B. Pecchia. Mario is survived by his wife of 39 years, Margaret (Ulery) Pecchia; his father, Mario C. Pecchia; his children, Mario M. and Shannon (Deagan) Pecchia, Marco and Cara (Jamison) Pecchia, Mara and Doug Duncan, Marissa and Marcus Hernandez; his grandchildren, Mario T. Pecchia, Marco Matthew Pecchia, Sean Pecchia, Sophia Pecchia, Stella Hernandez, Scarlet Hernandez and Luca Pecchia; his siblings, Valerie Musolino (Tony), Mark Pecchia (Karen), Michael Pecchia (Karen), Matthew Pecchia (Susan), Monica Gessler (David) and Vince Pecchia (Debbie); as well as many, many aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and cousins. Our deepest sympathy to Mario’s family.
- Central YMCA member, Joseph Ignazio, is mourning the loss of his uncle, Stan (Selone) Zitello. Stan’s children were blessed to have him for 101 years and he will be sadly missed by Stan (Mary) Zitello, JoAnn (Jack) Krivonak, Patricia (Ron Bolicek) Hripko, Frank Zitello, Dennis Zitello, and Peggy Ann (Ronnie) Birchfield; his 16 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and 2 great-great-grandchildren; and his sister, Gloria “Mitzi” (Robert) Jakubek. Our sincerest sympathy to Stan’s entire family.
- Central YMCA member, William J. (Sharyn) Chrystal, is mourning the loss of his sister, Margaret ‘Peggy’ L. Chrystal. Peggy will be sadly missed by her other siblings, J. Robert (Barbara) Chrystal, Jr., Elizabeth A. Chrystal, Pat (Sandy) Chrystal, Susan M. Chrystal, Marty Chrystal, Pete V. Chrystal, Jeff (Nora) Chrystal; and numerous nieces and nephews. Our deepest sympathy to Bill and his family.
- Richele Lynn Robinson will be sadly missed by her uncle, Central YMCA member, Charles Robinson. Richele leaves to forever cherish her memories, her father, Richard (Vicky) Robinson; four children, DeAndre’ Robinson, DaShayla (Le’Roy) Spencer, Daysia Robinson, and Donte Robinson; three grandchildren, Nala, Donte, and Zechariah; two sisters, Roslyn Robinson and Robin Robinson; a brother, Derrick Robinson; a special friend, Fannie Jackson; three nephews, a niece, and a host of other family and friends. Our sincerest sympathy to Charles and his family.
- Central YMCA staff, Janice Grasso and Valerie Congemi are mourning the loss of their beautiful niece, Alivia Ann ‘Livi’ Watson. Alivia was blessed with the love of two families, two men who she lovingly called “Dad,” who both proudly called her their daughter; and brothers and sisters who she shared a bond with that was stronger than blood, a bond of love. Alivia will be greatly missed by her mother, Jolie (Scanlon) Tatar and father, David Tatar; her father, Michael Watson; grandparents Shirley Scanlon, Mickey and Robert Watson, and Karin and Mike Tatar; her brothers and sisters, Mikey Tatar, Kristin Tatar, Matthew Tatar, Jacob Tatar, Ashley Watson, and Anthony Watson; uncles, aunts, and numerous cousins and friends. Our deepest, sincerest sympathy to Livi’s entire family and friends.
- Carmel Rose Bruno Galioto will be sadly missed by her grandson, YMCA member, Jim (Angela Chan) Galioto; her son, Pasquale (Mary) Galioto; her daughter-in-law, Jayne Galioto; nine other grandchildren, Terri (Brian) Murrell, Lynn (Ken) Kroeger, John Galioto, George (Christy) Galioto, LeeAnne (Bill Tucker) Galioto, Angela (Shane) Russo, David (Yvonne Berlin) Galioto, Andrea Lambe, and Pamela Galioto; 23 great-grandchildren, and four great-great-grandchildren! God Bless Carmel’s children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren.
- Central YMCA member Don (Amy) Ferns is mourning the loss of his father James Clinton Ferns. James will be sadly missed by his wife, Joyce Ferns; daughter, Jennifer Ferns; and grandchildren Jordan Ferns, Erin Ferns, and Donnie Ferns. Our deepest sympathy to Don and his family.
- Central YMCA member Henry Robert ‘Bob’ Limmer will be sadly missed by his wife, Maryann Payne Cox Limmer; two daughters, Emily (Brian) San Marco, and Susan (Danny) Cremin; two stepdaughters, Valerie Cox and Deanne Cox Paul; eight grandchildren; numerous nephews and nieces; and his buddy, his cat, Hugo. Our sincerest sympathy to Maryann and her entire family.
- The YMCA and the YMCA LiveSTRONG Program are mourning the loss of one of their own, Thomas P. Lamb. Tom leaves to cherish his memory, his wife, Lori Lamb; his children: Nick Lamb, Rob (Jessica) Chiarello, and Marc (Briana) Chiarello; his grandchildren, mother, brothers; and his faithful companions, Chewie and Louie. Our hearts go out to Tom and his blood family and his Y family who all fought that fight with him. Tom will always be our inspiration.
- Long-time Central YMCA member Samuel T. Fasline, Sr. will be sadly missed by his children: Sam T. Fasline, Jr., Judith Lynn Fasline, Mary Beth (Joseph) Pipino, Anthony Fasline, and Thomas Fasline; two grandchildren; and three great-grandsons. Sam will be greatly missed by all his friends at the Y. Our deepest sympathy to his family.
- YMCA HFD Members that helped/donated to make the HFD exercise room a better place–we THANK YOU: Marty Altman, Bruce Beard, Don Begezda, Chester Bolendar, Joe Cassese, Johnny Cassiano, J.P. Daliman, Greg Deniro, Ted Dudzik, Dix Fisher, Gene Gage, Dan Garver, Jody Guarnieri, Mark Heschmeyer, Leo Jay, Chris Knight, Alan Kretzer, Andy Kuchmaner, Thom Lodge, Stan Markovitz, Tim Marucci, Nick Mathews, Chuck McCray, Jim Mocker, Joe Mozzy, Tom Mumaw, Larry Olson, Tom Onesti, Ted Roberts, Jeff Saluga, Dave Sefcik, Thom Skovira, Danny Thomas, Johnny Vitullo, and Bud Walker.
Have member news to share?
Patty Tchoryk at firstname.lastname@example.org