- CONGRATULATIONS to Dearing Compressor & Pump Co. They merged with the Pittsburgh-based Kruman Equipment Co. Best of luck to YMCA members, Dearing Compressor’s Vice President Becky Wall and CEO/President Rick Dearing on your acquisition!
- Dennis LaRue
- Kathy Thomas‘s mom
- YMCA CEO Thomas Gacse’s son, Tommy Gacse
- Monica Tchoryk
- Hiromi Takahashi
- Karl R.
- Gary B.
- Central YMCA member Attorney Alan Kretzer
- YMCA Board of Trustees member Melinda Davies’ mom.
- Program Secretary at Central, Jan Grasso’s son, Michael Grasso
- YMCA Board of Trustee Emeritus Member Attorney Thomas Lodge
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Warren Harrell
- Central YMCA member Iva (“Mickey”) Harrell
- Long-time Central YMCA member Helen Povtak
- YMCA Board of Trustee Emeritus Member William Brennan
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee’s Frank Yeager
- Central YMCA member Dorothy Grissett is mourning the loss of her cousin, Betty L. Carter. Betty leaves to cherish her precious memories, her two daughters: Gwendolyn (Rev. Bennie) Hardin and Sheila Carter; a son, Robert Earl Carter; five grandchildren: Adrienne Paige, Justin Paige, Dorian Williams, Demetrius Williams and Deidre Williams; four great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces, nephews, other family and friends. Our deepest sympathy to Dorothy and Betty’s family.
- Central Y staff and friends are mourning the loss of Tara Lyn Cox who was an employee of the Housekeeping Department. Tara leaves to cherish her beloved memories, her mom, Cheryl Cox; a sister, Marla Cox; and a host of aunts, uncles, cousins, extended family, and friends. Our sincerest sympathy to Cheryl and her family. Tara will be greatly missed by her Y friends.
- Central YMCA member Joseph ‘Pepper’ Caruso will be sadly missed by the love of his life, Barbara J. Caruso (Santucci); his daughter Gia (Terence) Taylor; a son Joseph (Rebecca) Caruso; seven grandchildren: Kedron, Bryn, Lane and T.J. Taylor, and Adrianna, Elan, and Isabella Caruso; his sister Judy Daloise (Bill) Jenkins; a brother Ronnie Caruso; brothers-in-law; and his nephews, nieces, great-nieces, great-nephews from the Daloise, Caruso, Santucci, and Karabin families; and all his YMCA friends. Our deepest sympathy to Joseph’s entire family.
- Daron L. Williams will be greatly missed by his brother-in-law, Central YMCA member, Joe (Nancy) Frazier, Sr. Daron leaves to cherish his memories, four children: Dacia Williams, Daron “D.J.” Williams, Jr., Aaron Williams, Sr. and Britnay Parker; five grandchildren; eight sisters: Doris (Leroy) Gipson, Nancy (Joe) Frazier, Sr., Alberta Hampton, Lizzie (Cleveland) Caldwell, Debra Cobbin, Vivian (Marshall) Rogers, Willie Jean Johnson, and Rosetta Brown; three brothers: James C. (Jewelean) Lewis, Sr., Howard (Joyce) Lewis II, and Roosevelt (Rose Mary) Lewis, Sr., his long-time companion, Juanita Peace; and a host of nieces, nephews, other family and friends. Our sincerest sympathy to Joe Daron’s entire family.
- Central YMCA member Dennis Shaffer is mourning the loss of his sister, Linda Rae Durkin. Linda will be sadly missed by her sons, John F. Durkin IV and Jeff M. Durkin; four grandchildren, John F. Durkin V, Justin M. Durkin, Amber A. Durkin, and Tristan C. Durkin; and three great-grandchildren, Alexander J. Durkin, John F. Durkin VI and newborn Emma V. Durkin. Our deepest sympathy to Dennis and his family.
- Raymond Jean Jaminet, Sr. will be sadly missed by his son, Central YMCA member, Raymond Jaminet, Jr. Raymond is survived by his wife, Joyce (Fiucci) Jaminet; their four other sons: Jean Jaminet, Nick Jaminet, Phillip Jaminet, and Charles Jaminet; four daughters from a previous marriage: Michelle Jaminet, Susan Jaminet, Sheri (Jaminet) Scarborough, and Jennifer Jaminet-Nielson; and seven grandchildren. Our sincerest sympathy to Raymond and his family.
- Central housekeeping staff Rosetta Watkins is mourning the loss of her brother, Richard Tyrone Watkins. Tyrone will be greatly missed by stepparents, John L. Tucker and Audrey Watkins; sons Gary Whitfield, Richard Tyrone Watkins, Jr., Richard James Watkins and Michael Watkins; siblings Julia (Almos) O’Neal, Valerie Watkins, Candace Watkins, Lucinda Watkins, Alexis Tucker, Rolanda Tucker, and Chanda Tucker; stepsiblings Earl Clemons, Stacy Clemons, Thomas March, and Tara Clemons; 12 grandchildren; and a host of nieces and nephews. Our deepest sympathy to Rosetta and her family.
- Central YMCA member Michael J. Zalovcik, Sr. will be sadly missed by his wife Deborah M. Kisan Zalovcik; four children: Kathryn Zalovcik, Stephanie (Jim) Williams, Michael J., Jr. (Crystal) Zalovcik, and David (Lisa) Zalovcik; his mother, Philomena Zalovcik; five grandchildren: Lillian, Stephen, Lydia, Dominic, and Walker; a brother, John (Kathy) Zalovcik; brothers-in-law: Peter Kisan and Nicholas Kisan; and many nieces and nephews. Our blessings to the family.
- Central YMCA member Patricia (James) Greene is mourning the loss of her brother, Eddie Clarence Jackson. Eddie will be sadly missed by his children: Nichelle (Sean) Cooper, Kendall Jackson, Kimberly Jackson, Edward Jackson, and Leah Ponds; his seven grandchildren; mother, Lillie Jackson; and a brother, William Karl Jackson. Our sincerest sympathy to Pat Greene and her family.
- Camp Fitch is mourning the loss of Arthur ‘Art’ H. Zabel, Jr. Art served on the Camp Fitch Advisory Board and had happy memories as a youth at Camp Fitch and later with his family, and love of his life, the late Marjery Ann, at Family Camp. Art will be sadly missed by his children: Barbara (Craig), Janis (Fred) Meyer, and Kurt (Carol) Zabel; grandchildren: Jessica, Beverly, Jamie, Chris, Ryan, Brad, and Lindsay; great-grandchildren: Nekyla, Mary, Cole, Allison, Chase, Mason, Anna, Luke, and Canaan. Our deepest sympathy to Kurt and his family. Art will be greatly missed by all his Camp Fitch family and friends.
- Long-time Central YMCA member, Joseph Mozzy, is mourning the loss of his nephew Thomas A. ‘Tom’ Mozzy, Jr. Tom leaves his wife, Heidi A. Mashiska Mozzy; his daughter, Abbie Lynne Mozzy (fiance David Alan Bosak); his son, Thomas A. Mozzy III; his parents, Tom Mozzy and Ruth Theil Mozzy; two sisters, Bonnie (Marc) Len and Marie (Roy) Rothrauff; his aunt, Mary Ann Sayavich; another uncle Fred (Debbie) Mozzy; mother-in-law and father-in-law, Sandy and Rick Mashiska; a brother-in-law, Rick (Shareece) Mashiska; several nieces and nephews; and many extended family members. Our sincerest sympathy to Joe and his entire family.
- Albert ‘Al’ C. Emerick will be sadly missed by his son, Central YMCA HFD masseuse Matthew A. Emerick; Al leaves his loving wife, Diane L. (Stoneburner) Emerick; two other children, Edward A. (Polly) Emerick and Pamela J. (Kenneth) Duclos; two sisters, JoAnn (Barry) Claycomb and Debbie Miller; two brothers, George (Marilyn) Emerick and Michael (Nancy) Emerick; several nieces and nephews; and good friend of the family, Patty Metzler. Our deepest sympathy to Matt and his family.
- YMCA member, Clarence “Sparky” Waldo Ashby, Sr. is mourning the loss of his son, Clarence ‘Sparky’ Waldo Ashby, Jr. Clarence will be sadly missed by his daughter, Monica Ashby; grandchildren Kaitlyn and Alewxander Lowry; sisters Debbie Carrocce and Diana (Al) Thompson; as well as aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, and many close friends. Our sincerest sympathy to Clarence Sr. and his family.
- YMCA HFD Members that helped/donated to make the HFD exercise room a better place–we THANK YOU: Marty Altman, Bruce Beard, Don Begezda, Chester Bolendar, Joe Cassese, Johnny Cassiano, J.P. Daliman, Greg Deniro, Ted Dudzik, Dix Fisher, Gene Gage, Dan Garver, Jody Guarnieri, Mark Heschmeyer, Leo Jay, Chris Knight, Alan Kretzer, Andy Kuchmaner, Thom Lodge, Stan Markovitz, Tim Marucci, Nick Mathews, Chuck McCray, Jim Mocker, Joe Mozzy, Tom Mumaw, Larry Olson, Tom Onesti, Ted Roberts, Jeff Saluga, Dave Sefcik, Thom Skovira, Danny Thomas, Johnny Vitullo, and Bud Walker.
Have member news to share?
Patty Tchoryk at email@example.com