- CONGRATULATIONS to to all of our employees and our YMCA members who ran the whole or half marathon or the 5k on June 4, 2017! We are so proud of all of you!!
- Central YMCA member Socrates Kolitsos
- Board of Trustee member Howdy B. Friend‘s son-in-law, Craig Sheetz
- Tom Lamb’s Family
- Central YMCA HFD member Thaddeus “Ted” Dudzik
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Warren Harrell
- Central YMCA member Tom “Noodle” Lawrence
- Central YMCA member Iva (“Mickey”) Harrell
- Central YMCA member Ron Price
- Central YMCA HFD member Jim Pace
- Central YMCA HFD member Irving Caraway
- Long-time Central YMCA member Helen Povtak
- YMCA Board of Trustee Member Emeritus William Brennan
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee’s Frank Yeager
- Patricia Ann Miller will be sadly missed by her son, YMCA member Gary Miller and his wife, spinning instructor, Lisa Miller. Patricia also leaves to cherish her memory another son, Terry (Becky) Miller; daughter Lori (Robin) Robinette; grandchildren Terry Robert (Beth) Miller, Stephanie (Jason) Rice, Alex Miller, Jake Miller, Aidan Robinette, Kathryn (Jay) Kehoe and John Youngblood; and seven great-grandchildren. Our deepest sympathy to Gary and his family.
- YMCA member David L. Worsley is mourning the loss of his brother, Herman C. Howell III. Herman will be sadly missed by his mother, Arena (Farmer) Daniels; two sons, Mikey Howell and Herman C. Howell IV; two other brothers, Michael (Diane) Worsley and Levi Worsley; three sisters, Linda Thornton, Gloria (Wallace) Jenkins, and Christine Jordon; a grandchild, Alecea Howell; an uncle, Melvin (Valerie) Howard; his former wife, Rosalie Snell; and many relatives and friends. Our sincerest sympathy to David and his entire family.
- Mary A. Vass will be sadly missed by her grandchildren (Central YMCA members). Mary leaves two sons, John R. Vass and Ronald R. (Teresa) Vass; one daughter, Mary Ann (Albert) Schmalzried; a sister, Theresa Pitlik; 10 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren; also a special daughter-in-law, Ann L. Vass. Our deepest sympathy to Mary’s family.
- Central YMCA member Patti (Len) Hall are mourning the loss of her sister, Debra L. Webster Duzzny. Debra leaves to cherish her memory, her mother, Sharlene Easterday; two other sisters, Elaine (Richard) Kish and Rita (Melissa) Smith; six brothers, Daniel (Sherry) Webster, Mike Easterday, Tom Easterday, Kenny (Julie) Easterday, David Gifford, and Jason Gifford; two stepdaughters, Nancy (Jim) Fehrenbaugh and Beth Duzzny; many nieces and nephews; and many friends. Debra will be truly missed by all who knew and loved her. Our sincerest sympathy to her family and friends.
- Davis Family YMCA member, William A. Soccorsy will always be remembered by his son, William H. Soccorsy; grandson, William A. Soccorsy; and longtime companion, Marianne Frydrych; his sister, MaryLou Soccorsy; and brother, Anthony J. Soccorsy. Our deepest sympathy to William’s family.
- Central YMCA member Shawnte’l ‘Shawn’ Maurice Patton will be sadly missed by mother, Adella (Tru) Dixon; his loving and devoted wife, Antionette ‘Annie’ Patton; a daughter, Melanee Patton; three sons, MelQuan and Dominic Patton, and Dorian Moton; two stepdaughters, Paige and Nomiki Willis; sister Sherilyn Land; half siblings; three grandsons; grandmother; two sisters-in-law; devoted aunts; special aunt, Crystal Hill-Green; uncle; cousins; special cousins, Jamiel Hill and Nikk Jones; godmother Yolanda Charles; and other relatives and friends. Our sincerest sympathy to Shawn’s wife, family, and friends.
- Central YMCA Spinning Instructor Michael (Lori) Pesa is mourning the loss of his father, Felix A. Pesa, M.D. Dr. Pesa’s death is an indescribable loss to his beloved, Cathy, with whom he created a lifetime of cherished memories. Also surviving are sons Arthur, Felix, David (Ivy), and Thomas (Ann Marie). Dr. Pesa will be forever missed by nine grandchildren, nieces, great-nieces and nephews. Our deepest sympathy to Michael, Cathy, and Dr. Pesa’s entire family.
- Central’s Noon Aquarobics class is mourning the loss of longtime member Joseph J. Shiller. Joseph is survived by two sons, Lawrence (LeeAnn) Shiller and Dr. Paul Shiller; a sister, Esther (Neil) Crichton; and three grandchildren, Aidan, Elizabeth and Daniel. Our sincerest sympathy to Joseph’s family and Y family.
- Central YMCA member, Joan M. Stevenson, will be sadly missed by her sons, James W. (Sue) Stevenson and Richard J. (Jean) Stevenson; daughters Rev. Carolyn Stevenson (Cyndi Morse) and June (Mark) Waldbauer; grandchildren Melanie (Matt) Stevenson Tindell, Valerie (Matt) Waldbauer Durak, Timothy Waldbauer; sisters Beverly Blewitt and Phyllis Richardson. Joan was preceded in death by her husband of 65 years, James. Our sincerest sympathy to Joan’s family.
- Edward R. Strauss will be sadly missed by his brother, YMCA members Tom (Mary Bell) Strauss; his wife, the former Mary Ann Sabol; four children, Kathy (Dan) Dowler, Sue (Elio) Andreatta, Eric (Nicole) Strauss, and Michele (Scott) Shaffer; and six grandchildren, Sara Dowler, Macy and Edie Shaffer, Lia and Rina Andreatta, and Jack Strauss. Our sincerest sympathy to Tom and his family.
- YMCA HFD Members that helped/donated to make the HFD exercise room a better place–we THANK YOU: Marty Altman, Bruce Beard, Don Begezda, Chester Bolendar, Joe Cassese, Johnny Cassiano, J.P. Daliman, Greg Deniro, Ted Dudzik, Dix Fisher, Gene Gage, Dan Garver, Jody Guarnieri, Mark Heschmeyer, Leo Jay, Chris Knight, Alan Kretzer, Andy Kuchmaner, Thom Lodge, Stan Markovitz, Tim Marucci, Nick Mathews, Chuck McCray, Jim Mocker, Joe Mozzy, Tom Mumaw, Larry Olson, Tom Onesti, Ted Roberts, Jeff Saluga, Dave Sefcik, Thom Skovira, Danny Thomas, Johnny Vitullo, and Bud Walker.
Have member news to share?
Patty Tchoryk at firstname.lastname@example.org