- CONGRATULATIONS Tom “Noodle” Lawrence on celebrating the first anniversary of your open heart surgery!! God Bless you for MANY more healthy years!
- Central YMCA member Sophia Brooks
- YMCA Board of Trustee William Richardson and his family
- Central YMCA staff Janice Grasso’s son Michael Grasso
- Hettler Family
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee member and YMCA Board of Trustees Chair, J.D. Mirto’s mother, Nancy Mirto
- Central YMCA member Nick Mathews
- Metro Office Director of Development & Marketing Marykaye Carlson‘s sister Janice Pierce
- Business Office Account Manager Laurie Wellington’s father Bill Buehler
- Central YMCA member Attorney Alan Kretzer
- Central YMCA members Dale and Alice Rair
- Central SilverSneakers member Norm Hoefler
- YMCA Board of Trustee Warren Harrell
- Central YMCA Housekeeping Staff Rosetta
- Central Y Member Tom “Noodle” Lawrence
- Dennis LaRue and Andrea Wood
- YMCA CEO Thomas Gacse‘s son, Tommy Gacse
- Hiromi Takahashi
- Karl R.
- Gary B.
- Spiritual Emphasis Committee’s Frank Yeager
- YMCA Board of Trustees member William L. Richardson is mourning the loss of his wife, Louise Marie Richardson. Louise will be greatly missed by her daughters: Heather (Delmar) Campbell, Lynn Richardson, and Paula (Doyle) Detweiler; four grandsons: John (Sarah) Wagner, Michael Lim, Ryan Lim, and Michael Detweiler; five granddaughters: Rebecca Wagner, Margeaux Lim, Candace Lim, Lilly Detweiler, and Hannah Detweiler; a great-grandaughter, Gianna Paternite; and a sister, Sandra Ashton. Our sincerest sympathy to Bill and his family. The YMCA Board of Trustees and staff are deeply saddened and will miss Louise’s sweet smile and kind words.
- Central YMCA is mourning the loss of long-time member Dorothy M. George. Dorothy will be sadly missed by her son William T. George; her daughter Karen L. George; two sisters: Delores Macciomei and Rosemarie (Tyrone) Brown; sister-in-law Carmel Bianco; granddaughter Tricia (Michael) Kennedy; and great-granddaughter Harper. Our deepest sympathy to Dorothy’s family and YMCA friends.
- Davis Family YMCA is mourning the loss of member, Bonita L. ‘Bonnie’ Gauding. Bonnie will be sadly missed by her siblings: Shirley Baker and Daniel Homan; her nieces: Donna, Janette, and Kim; nephews: Dennis, Christopher, David, and Brandon; and many friends. Our deepest sympathy to Bonnie’s family and friends.
- Central YMCA front desk staff Valerie (Phillip) Van Dyke is mourning the loss of her father-in-law, Thomas E. ‘Tom’ Gregory, Sr. Tom will be greatly missed by his wife, Ida M. Gifford Gregory; his two children: Lori Ann (Dan) O’Neill and Thomas (Danielle) Gregory, Jr.; a sister, Dorothy (Harry) Hatfield; a brother-in-law, Paul G. Frondorf; three stepchildren: Anna (Pete) Roscoe, George (Linda) Van Dyke, and Phillip (Valerie) Van Dyke; 16 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren. Our sincerest sympathy to Valerie, Phil and Tom’s entire family.
- Dennis Paul McCabe will be sadly missed by his brother, Central YMCA members, Francis (Diana) McCabe; nieces and nephews: Bridget McCabee, Francis (Anna) McCabe, Mary (Zachary) Cook, and Robet (Ashley) McCabe; his great-nephews: Francis ‘Teddy’ McCabe, Jack Cook, and Gaetano ‘Guy’ McCabe; and many cousins. Our deepest sympathy to Francis and his family.
- Camp Fitch staff and the entire YMCA Association staff are with heavy hearts while we mourn the loss of staff member Robert “Bobby” Hettler. Camp has not only lost one of their most impactful dedicated staff, but also a ‘friend,’ and someone who was active in the community for well over half of Camp’s existence. Bob lived life to the fullest which was centered around service to others and love of his family. Bob is survived by the love of his life, Kathryne ‘Kay’ (Norton) Hettler; children: Rob (Nicola) Hettler and Kirsten (Pat) Lefebure; grandchildren: Nate, Remy, Audrey, Maggie and Owen; brother Dr. Bill Hettler; sister Patty Russell; father-in-law Frederick H. Norton; numerous cousins, nieces and nephews. As Matt Poese said, “With love and the hope that we can all find peace and understanding.”
- Long-time Central YMCA member Don L. Hanni III will be greatly missed by his Y family and friends but especially by his wife, Rhonda; children: Rachel (Kam) and Don IV (Hanna); stepchildren: Jenna and Anthony Billet; grandchildren Iris and Sebastian; siblings: Robin (Anna), Keith (Mary Kathleen), Mark, Heidi, Holly (Dino), and Dru (Megan); great-aunt Mary Jane Sakankra; many nieces and nephews, cousins, extended family, golf buddies, and so many who enjoyed Don’s sense of humor over the years. Our deepest sympathy to the Hanni family.
- Central YMCA member Ryan Orosz is mourning the loss of his father Michael Orosz. Michael will be sadly missed by his wife, Barbara; other children: Heidi, Heather and Marty; and six grandchildren. Our sincerest sympathy to Ryan and his family.
- Julie Nohra Schiavone will be sadly missed by her nephews, Central YMCA members:
- Central YMCA member Camble McKinney is mourning the loss of his mother Asielene McKinney. Our deepest sympathy to Camble.
- Dale J. Voitus will be greatly missed by his brothers, Central YMCA members, Ronald (Nancy) and Kenneth Voitus. Dale leaves his wife Debra; his mother Dorothy; three sisters: Patricia (Blaise) Stanton, Cheryl (Mark) Makoski, and Virginia Voitus; and many nieces and nephews. Our sincerest sympathy to Ron, Ken and their families.
- Central YMCA member James V. (Joyce M.) Zarlenga is mourning the loss of his brother Frank James Zarlenga. Frank is survived by his daughter Tracey Ann Sarefield; his only grandchild Stella Sarefield; a son Alex Roth; another brother John J. (Deborah) Zarlenga, Jr.; three sisters: Rosemary (James) Handel, Maria (Richard) Ragozine, and Gina Santore; 14 nieces and nephews; and 22 great-nieces and great-nephews, soon to be 23; aunts: Gina Keiffer, Eunice Richley, Mary Richley, and Joanne Zarlenga; uncle Cyril Slifka; and his best friend, Beth Jacobson. Our deepest sympathy to Jim and his family.
- Claude Hiram ‘Wes’ Westfall will be sadly missed by his son, Central YMCA members, Todd (Karen) Westfall;. Claude is survived by his wife, Ida Mae; another son Chris; grandchildren: Seth, Ryan (Teresa), Jesse and Dillon Westfall, Alex and Ellie Hagar; niece Claudia Redd; and his black lab, Gracie. Our sincerest sympathy to Todd and his family.
- Former Central Y employee, Nathan (Jami) Offerdahl is mourning the loss of his father, Robert M. Offerdahl. Robert will be dearly missed by his wife Frances; son Lucas and granddaughter Ivy; granddaughters Grace and Claire; grandson-in-law Derek Bennett, granddaughters Drew and Piper; daughter Martha; daughter Ellen (Anthony) Yeropoli and grandson Adam; as well as a sister and brother-in-law, Joyce and Dave Zimmer. Our deepest sympathy to Nate and his family.
- Central Y staff and former Y staff, Valerie (Phil) VanDyke, Jan Grasso and her son, Michael, Simone Gant, Maxwell Michael Secre, and Francine Secre are mourning the loss of Michael James ‘Mike’ Secre. Mike will be greatly missed by his son, Max, who was Mike’s greatest achievement and Max’s sister, Simone, who was like a daughter to him. They will all cherish his memory along with Mike’s sisters: AnnaLisa Fawcett and Debra (Anthony) Beshara; brothers: Rocco Secre, Edmond (Brady) Secre, and David (Cheri) Secre, sister-in-law Joyce Congemi (Jerry Burnett); numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins; and dear friends, Clint Gearhart and Karen Sommach. Our sincerest sympathy to Max and his entire family.
- Saying goodbye and thank you to Kathy Thomas, long-time staff member who is retiring from the YMCA of Youngstown after 21+ years! Kathy worked in the Metro office located at the Central Y as Director of Business and Finance. Thank you again Kathy for your service here at our YMCA and best wishes on your retirement!
- Also saying goodbye and thank you to D’Nelle Seiple. D’Nelle served the YMCA of Youngstown for 17 years as Youth Sports League Director. She is taking her passion for youth sports and moving on to work with another organization. We appreciate all D’Nelle has done to serve our YMCA and Youngstown’s youth.
Have member news to share?
Patty Tchoryk at firstname.lastname@example.org